The City of Ancient Dothan,
The City of 2 Wells was the Home of Elisha! Dothan an elevated fertile plain with a spring and two wells…A Double opening place for the bubbling up outpouring of water from a spring …And 4 Cities Connected to Eliyah and Elisha and one has 2 Wells …A double portion of water or one dry well and one wet?
Bethel- Gate of God "house of God" ancient place and seat of worship in Ephraim on border of Benjamin, identified with Luz (former name) a place in south country of Judah, not far from
Jericho- a place of fragrance "its moon or month, sweet smell" a city 5 miles (8 km) west of the Jordan and 7 miles (11.5 km) north of the Dead Sea and the first city conquered by the Israelites upon entering the promised land of Canaan. The rose of Jericho– A PLANT OF THE MUSTARD FAMILY,WHEN DRY CURLS UP AND EXPANDS WHEN WET. Also called resurrection plant.
3. Gilgal- City of a Circle- "a wheel, rolling" the first site of an Israelite camp west of the Jordan, east of Jericho, here Samuel was judge, and Saul was made king; later used for illicit worship dwelling place of prophets in northern Israel about four miles (7 km) from Shiloh and Bethel a region conquered by Joshua, site unsure. (Beth-gilgal house of Gilgal, a place from which the inhabitants gathered for the purpose of celebrating the rebuilding of the walls on the return exile (Neh. 12:29). (See GILGAL.). Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
4.The City of Dothan Dothan = "two wells" a place in northern Palestine, 12 miles north of Samaria, the home of Elisha. It was the residence of Elisha (2 Kings 6:13), and the scene of a remarkable vision of chariots and horses of fire surrounding the mountain on which the city stood. It is identified with the modern Tell-Dothan, on the south side of the plain of Jezreel, about 12 miles north of Samaria, among the hills of Gilboa. http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/dothan.html
Eye Opening commentaries about Eliyah and Elisha Links: Eliyah had(8 recorded miracles) and Elisha (16 miracles, a double portion)
*Elijah & Elisha: A Comparison
- Eliyah and Elisha are 2 of 7 Named Men of YHWH God, with the scriptures leaving 4 men, UNNAMED. In the OT the messenger Gabriel’s name translates as, man of God and in the NT reference is made to Timothy as a man of God in 1 Ti 1:6:11 and 2 Timothy 3:17, “That the man of YHWH may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” Our goal and prize in this test of our mortal lives through trials, is that we all attain to being redeemed men of God restored. All in all, according to the oath of the promise, the covenant plan for the sons of YHWH is to take their places with their fellow servants the ministering spirits.
Eze 42:14 When the priests enter therein, then shall they not go out of the holy place into the utter court, but there they shall lay their garments wherein they minister; for they are holy; and shall put on other garments, and shall approach to those things which are for the people. Eze 44:19 And when they go forth into the utter court, even into the utter court to the people, they shall put off their garments wherein they ministered, and lay them in the holy chambers, and they shall put on other garments; and they shall not sanctify the people with their garments.
Where is Salvation?or Where is Elisha?
- An Enemy King sends spies out: Looking for Elisha ,
- The opening of eyes and the blinding of eyes to those who seek to harm prophets of YHWH.
- They are going in the wrong direction to the wrong city… 2Kings 6:13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan. 14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about. 15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? 16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha. 18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha. 19 And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek.
The Spirit and power of Eliyah(YHWH, I AM) is, a split work separated by a measure of the Spirit and a little space of time... Being able to See this miracle in the place in time of the separation of Eliyah by the chariots of fire and horsemen Cherubim is what enabled and qualified Elisha to receive Eliyah’s mantle(covering) of the Spirit. Elisha got a double portion of the Spirit of the Father, The Spirit of the father who is ascended on high, concurrently while Elisha remained behind to carry on the work building up the Spiritual temple walls of Salvation for the rest of the brethren making the way secure for them to come back to their place in the house(family). The walls of salvation are still today being built in temples of fleshly men on here on Earth…in the same Spirit and power of Eliyah that comes from above and that restores all things… And, like the Messenger Gabriel(Gabriel = "man of God" ) came twice within a little space of time of 6 months delivering the glad tidings and proclamations of two special births to come forth from Elizabeth of the Oath and Zacharias(meaning to come into existence and begin to be) and to Mary mother of Yahshua and Joseph meaning let him add). The first message was delivered to the Father and the second message was delivered to the mother the bride espoused to Joseph) Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of EliYah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for YHWH.1:18 And Zacharias(meaning to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being, to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen, of events, to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage, of men appearing in public, to be made, finished, of miracles, to be performed, wrought. said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of YHWH; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. Luke1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from YHWH unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Yoseph(let Him,YAHoseph add to), of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.